Capay is an unincorporated community in Yolo County, California.
Capay is located on the Mexican land grant Rancho Canada de Capay. Capay was originally named Munchville after one of the first white settlers, a man named Munch, who built a house on the Cache Creek at the site in 1857.Mr. Empyre and Mr. Munch built a two-story building in the area.The town acquired the name Langville after John A. Lang. In 1870 Lang operated a hotel and owned a brick yard and a store. Langville grew enough to have a town plat filed on January 1, 1875, which renamed the town as Capay.A post office opened in Capay in 1868.