Locust Grove is a city in Henry County, Georgia, United States. The population was 5,402 at the 2010 census.
The City of Locust Grove derived its name from a grove of locust trees that could be seen throughout the town. Locust Grove was a major rail distribution center for cotton, peaches, and other farm products. The city had three cotton gins and several warehouses. In 1870, the first store was built on Main Street. Since that time many new businesses have moved to Locust Grove.In 1893, the town was incorporated and the papers were officially signed on December 20, 1893. The original city limits extended 1 mile north and south from the train depot in the heart of town and a half mile east and west of the railroad. The city government consisted of one mayor and five council members. The first to fill these positions were appointed until elections could take place. The first mayor was M.P. Sowell. Those appointed to the first city council were: G.P. Combs, C.M. Mahone, J.L. Garnder, R.C. Brown, and W.H. Peek. The first city clerk was C. W. Williams.