Elburn is a village in Kane County, Illinois, United States. The population was 5,602 as of the 2010 census.
On May 2, 1834, William Lance arrived in the Elburn area, and soon built a home there. Shortly thereafter, a man named Henry Warne arrived and opened a stagecoach inn called the Halfway House, since it was half-way between Oregon, Illinois and Chicago.When the Chicago and North Western Transportation Company built through the area in 1854, the stop at this site was named Blackberry Station after the Township. The village incorporated as Elburn in 1886.The village was originally named Blackberry Station, but was changed at the request of the railroad.