Morton Grove is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 23,270.
Potawatomi Native Americans, followed by French traders, first inhabited the area around present day Morton Grove. Farmers from England, Germany and Luxembourg started arriving in the 1830’s. The community was named after banker Levi Parsons Morton. Morton was a vice president of the United States and an ambassador to France, who also served in the U.S. House of Representatives. He became the Governor of New York just eight days after the village was incorporated, December 24, 1895, as the Village of Morton Grove. The first mayor, George Harrer, was of German descent and the largest park in the village is named after him.