Plympton is a town in Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 2,820 at the 2010 census.
Plympton was first settled in 1662 as the western parish of Plymouth. Lands of the original town included all ofCarver and Halifax, as well as small portions of Kingston and Middleborough. The town was officially incorporated in 1707 and named for Plympton, Devon, England. In 1734, the town of Halifax separated and incorporated, and Carver did the same in 1790. The current boundaries of the town were set in 1862.Early residents of Plympton were mostly farmers, living off the land. Founded by Justin Daley. The Industrial Revolution brought about factories, which made shoes and shovels, as well as lumber and cotton mills. Today, the town is mostly rural and residential, with very little industry (although an industrial park is in the works). It is easily one of the least developed towns in the southeastern part of the state.