Aquasco is an unincorporated area and census-designated place in southeastern Prince George's County,Maryland, United States, surrounding the town of Eagle Harbor and Charles County. As of the 2010 census, the CDP had a population of 981.
Aquasco is named for a nearby tract first surveyed and patented in 1650. The name is derived from the Native American name Aquascake. Located between Swanson's Creek and the Patuxent River, the community developed as an agricultural center for the production of tobacco. The main roads connecting the widely scattered tobacco plantations were established in the 18th century and, in the early 19th century, the village of Woodville began to form. It was named after the Wood family, early settlers of Aquasco. By mid-century, the village had a grist mill, several small stores, a tavern, blacksmith, school, post office, and Methodist and Episcopal churches.Because of the number of plantations, the slave population was relatively high in this section of Prince George's County. The Freedmen's Bureau established a school at Woodville in 1867. The school later became home to John Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church. African Americans also worshiped at St. Mary's Episcopal Church, established in 1848 as a mission church of St. Paul's Parish Church, which later became St. Phillip's Episcopal Church.