Dayton is an unincorporated community located in Howard County, Maryland, USA. Dayton is located southwest of Baltimore and north of Washington, D.C., between Clarksville and Glenelg.
A postal office operated in the community from 21 July 1864 to present with brief stops in service during the American Civil War. By 1878 the town expanded to three general stores and a wheelwright shop. One of which is Maloney's General Store built shortly after the civil war which served as a stagecoach stop and was later owned by Royal Harp III, Thomas Isaacs, Mr White, and the Grant Family.