Lisbon is a town located in western Howard County in the state of Maryland in the United States, located roughly between Baltimore and Frederick and north of Washington, D.C.. It is roughly one square mile. Lisbon is located along Interstate 70 and Maryland Route 144 and is home to the first roundabout in Maryland.
Lisbon is situated on a land grant patented by Seth Warfield in 1794 as "Warfield's Forest". The town was founded by Caleb Pancoast in 1810. Named "New Lisbon", followed by a shortened "Lisbon" name. In 1820, Pancoast deeded land for the Union Church for Public Worship which would become a schoolhouse with gravesites remaining in 1880. Pancoast subdivided the town in 1822 with one hundred lots of a quarter acre in size, including roads and alleys. By 1835, eight scheduled daily stagecoaches ran through town. The town built the single room Annapolis Rock School in 1894, which served the area until 1943.