White Marsh is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Baltimore County, Maryland,United States. The population was 9,513 at the 2010 census.
In 1965, the largely undeveloped northeast corridor was identified by Baltimore County as the preferred site for intensive development. A town center was proposed to be located west of Belair Road at the planned intersection of White Marsh and Walther Boulevards.The Harry T. Campbell Sons Corporation owned thousands of acres of land to the east of the planned town center, on both sides of Interstate 95. The land was bought in the 1930s and was being mined of its natural sand and gravel deposits. The Campbell family merged its sand and gravel business with an international building supply company. A new family-owned entity was charged with rejuvenating the family's property in northeast Baltimore County, which was covered with deep craters and pits.In January 1943, the White Marsh Volunteer Fire Company was founded to counter the threat of incendiarybombings from the Axis Powers during the ongoing Second World War. The volunteer fire department currently maintains a fire department and five vehicles, including two fire engines and an ambulance.In the late 1960s, Nottingham Properties began analyzing the feasibility of a new town in White Marsh. From the first the intent was to incorporate a variety of land uses and community services, including residential, retail, business and industrial.