Woodsboro is a town in Frederick County, Maryland, United States that was granted to Joseph Wood in 1693. The population was 1,141 at the 2010 census.
The town was named after Joseph Wood. The LeGore Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 and Woods Mill Farm was listed in 2007. In 1895, Dr. George F. Smith founded Rosebud Perfume Company in Woodsboro. Smith had eight children, and served as mayor of the town for 19 years. The business has remained in the family, and as of 2012, was still producing its famous "Smith's Rosebud Salve," a lip gloss and salve originally known astholene. The products are shipped from company headquarters in Woodsboro; however, "the salve is manufactured and filled at Case Mason in Joppa, Md., and the tins are made in Baltimore." The Woodsboro Savings Bank, and several buildings associated with the three limestone quarries near the town are among the structures which have been considered for historic preservation.