Lynbrook is a village in Nassau County, New York, USA. The population was 19,427 at the 2010 census.
The area currently known as Lynbrook had other names, including Rechquaakie (originally), Near Rockaway, Parson's Corners, and Bloomfield. It was later named Pearsall's Corners, after Mr. Pearsall's General Store because this store became a famous stage coach stop for travelers coming from New York City to Long Island. Alternately, it was called "Five Corners" because the stage coach stop was at the crossing of Hempstead Avenue, Merrick Road, and Broadway. It became known as Lynbrook in 1894 and the village was incorporated in 1911.The name "Lynbrook" is derived by dividing "Brooklyn" into its syllables and transposing them, a tribute to the original home of many of the town's turn-of-the-century residents.