Mount Kisco is a village and a town in Westchester County, New York, United States. The Town of Mount Kisco is coterminous with the village. The population was 10,877 at the 2010 census.
The name Kisco may be connected to the Munsee word asiiskuw ("mud"), and the name of the settlement "first appeared in colonial records as Cisqua, the name of a meadow and river mentioned in the September 6, 1700 Indian deed to land in the area."The spelling Mount Kisko was used by the local postmaster when a post office was opened in the village sometime after 1850.The current spelling of the name was adopted in 1875, with the settlement's incorporation as a village. The town shares its name with the Kisco River, which traverses the town and goes into the Croton Reservoir.As a village, Mount Kisco actually was half in the Town of Bedford and half in the Town of New Castle. Mount Kisco became a town in its own right in 1978.The Mount Kisco Municipal Complex was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997. Merestead,St. Mark's Cemetery, and the United Methodist Church and Parsonage are also listed.