West Haverstraw is a village incorporated in 1833 in the town of Haverstraw, Rockland County, New York,United States. It is located northwest of Haverstraw village, east of Thiells, south of the hamlet of Stony Point, and west of the Hudson River. The population was 10,165 at the 2010 census. The majority of the hamlet ofGarnerville is contained in the village of West Haverstraw. According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.5 square miles (3.9 km2), of which 1.5 square miles (3.9 km2) is land and 0.65% is water.