Bally is a borough in Berks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,090 at the 2010 census.
The Borough of Bally was originally called Goshenhoppen, possibly deriving from an Indian word meaning "meeting place". Others claim the name derives from German settlers from Goshen, PA calling the area their haven or "Hafen" in German, eventually becoming "Goshenhoppen".To reflect the many churches in the town (as there were also several other churches in the area of different denominations), Goshenhoppen was renamed Churchville. When the post office was established in 1883, the townsfolk changed the name to "Bally" in memory of Fr. Augustine Bally, S.J., a Catholic pastor beloved by all, who had died the previous year. Bally was incorporated as a borough in 1912, with Henry Eddinger, son of Frederick K. and Sophia (Miller) Eddinger, appointed as the first Burgess.