Breinigsville is a census-designated place located in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. The town is part of Upper Macungie Township, approximately 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Center City Allentownand 7 miles (11 km) east of Kutztown, Pennsylvania.
Breinigsville was named for George Ludwig Breinig (January 31, 1733 – May 12, 1812), a German immigrant who came to America on board the ship Lydia, arriving in Philadelphia on October 13, 1749. He originally settled in Weisenberg township (tax records show he was assessed 9 pounds in 1762). On May 10, 1771 Breinig purchased around 100-acre (0.40 km2; 0.16 sq mi) of land and a stone dwelling for 700 pounds from Peter and Catherine Trexler (of "Trexlertown") along "the great road leading to Philadelphia".He resided on that land until his death.Breinig was one of the judges of the election at Allentown, on July 8, 1776, when delegates to the first constitutional convention of the state were elected. During the Revolutionary War, Breinig became the colonel of the Second Battalion of Northampton county militia. In 1786, he was commissioned a justice of the district of Macungie and Weisenberg townships. Breinig is buried at Zion Lehigh Lutheran Church, Alburtis.