Brookhaven is a borough in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 8,006 at the2010 census.
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania was originally part of a land grant given to William Penn in 1681 by King Charles II of England. The Proprietor negotiated with the Lenni-Lenape Indians, who were the original occupants of the land, the land was then divided into municipal districts. The area of Brookhaven was included in the Municipal District of Chester Township. 317 acres (1.3 km²) were surveyed to Thomas Coebourn who settled in 1682 along with Richard Few who was granted 227 acres (0.9 km²). Thomas Brassey was granted 385 acres (1.6 km²) in 1684. These original grants were parceled eventually into smaller pieces of land and sold to subsequent settlers, such as Trimble, Edwards, Lister and Shepherd, among others. Many of these original settlers have streets named after them in the borough.In 1872, the name "Brookhaven" became most widely used after it was published in the letterhead of the Beatty Brothers General Store at Sneath's (later Beatty's) Corners.