Bryn Mawr Movers ABC Movers

ABOUT


Bryn Mawr  is a census-designated place (CDP) in Radnor Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, Haverford Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvaniaand Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, just west of Philadelphia along Lancaster Avenue (US-30) and the border with Delaware County.

History
Bryn Mawr is named after an estate near Dolgellau in North Wales that belonged to Rowland Ellis. He was a Quaker who emigrated in 1686 to Pennsylvania from Dolgellau to escape religious persecution.Until 1869 and the coming of the Pennsylvania Railroad, the town was known as Humphreysville. The town was renamed by railroad agent William H. Wilson after he acquired on behalf of the railroad the 283 acres (1.15 km2) that now comprise Bryn Mawr.In 1893, the first hospital, Bryn Mawr Hospital, was built on the Main Line by Dr. George Gerhard.Glenays, an historic home dating to 1859, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.

Service Areas