Elverson is a borough in Chester County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,225 at the 2010 census.
Elverson's earliest settlers arrived in the late 18th century when the area was known as Springfield. Later dubbed Blue Rock after a deposit of peculiar rocks not far from the town, it remained largely rural until the arrival of the Wilmington and Northern Railroad in 1870. By 1883, the town's population had more than doubled. In 1899, the settlement was named Elverson after James Elverson, owner of The Philadelphia Inquirer, who would later donate a stained glass window to a church there. The Borough of Elverson was officially incorporated on April 17, 1911, from land annexed from West Nantmeal Township, and it remained the commercial center of northwestern Chester County through the first half of the 20th century. In 1953 the borough annexed additional land, resulting in its current size of about one square mile.Elverson's building styles follow the periods of its commercial growth and range from early 19th century stone or log buildings to post-railroad Queen Anne structures and 20th century craftsman and Foursquare-style houses. Commercial and residential development since the 1950s has occurred largely on the outskirts of the borough's historic center. The Wilmington and Northern Railroad line, later incorporated into the Reading Railroad system, was abandoned and removed in 1983.The Elverson Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.