Franklin Park is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 13,470 at the 2010 census.
Located in the northwestern corner of Allegheny County, the community that is today Franklin Park Borough was originally part of Western Pennsylvania’s Depreciation Lands. With the formation of Allegheny County in 1788, Franklin Park was part of Pitt Township, which included all land north of the Ohio River. Following the path of Pine Creek as a boundary, Pitt Township was divided in half (1800), with the newly created Pine Township containing what would become Franklin Park. Three years later, Ohio Township was created from Pine, extending nine miles along the Ohio River and northward to Butler County. It included the area that would later become Franklin Park. Early in 1823, Ohio Township residents in the northwestern most corner of Allegheny County petitioned the county courts for permission to secede from the township and create their own municipality. Despite a counter-petition being filed, the county courts approved the motion and in August 1823, Franklin Township was created, which included what are today Franklin Park and Bradford Woods boroughs and Marshall Township. Forty years later, Marshall Township was created from Franklin with Bradford Woods seceding from Marshall in 1915. Franklin would remain a second class township until August 1961 when it became the Borough of Franklin Park.