Morrisville is a borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania,United States. It is located just below the falls of the Delaware River opposite Trenton, New Jersey. The population was 8,728 at the 2010 census.
The earliest known settlement in what is now Morrisville, was a trading post of the Dutch West India Companyoperating from 1624 to 1627 on an island in the Delaware River. Later, one of the first ferries to cross the Delaware was established at the site. By the late 18th century, a settlement was forming at the ferry crossing then known as Colvin's Ferry. The settlement incorporated into a borough in 1804, taking the name of Morrisville. In that same year, the first bridge built across the Delaware connected Morrisville to Trenton.The Gershom Craft House, Summerseat, and Trenton City/Calhoun Street Bridge are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Summerseat is also designated a National Historic Landmark.Morrisville is also home to Graystones, the historic site marking William Penn's first Pennsylvania land purchase from the Lenni Lenape Indians.