Parkesburg is a borough in Chester County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 3,593 at the2010 census. According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 1.2 square miles (3.1 km2), all of it land.
Parkesburg was first known as the Fountain Inn, a tavern built ca. 1734. The inn ceased operation as a tavern around 1836 and became Parkesburg's first post office. In 1872, the Pennsylvania legislature authorized the formation of Parkesburg Borough (from Sadsbury Township). The town was named after noted politician John G. Parke. Today, the Fountain Inn is a private residence.The Parkesburg National Bank and Parkesburg School are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.