Pineville is an unincorporated community on the border between Buckingham and Wrightstown townships inBucks County, Pennsylvania, United States.
Pineville was known as "The Pines" around 1776 and was called by this name for many years, due to a growth of pine trees in the area. Around 1806, it was called "Pinetown" and consisted of a stone store-house adjoining a frame dwelling, kept by Jacob Heston, near the site of Jesse P. Carver's store. The dwelling house and tailor-shop of William Trego stood on the point between the Centreville turnpike and the Buckingham road. Jesse S. Heston kept store in the bar-room of the present tavern. Pineville was so named from a cluster of pine trees that stood about 150 yards south of the crossroads. These trees were cut down about 1846. The forging of the iron work for the county jail at Doylestown, erected in 1812, was done at Pineville. The iron was hauled from Bethlehem in farm wagons.