Warrington Township is a township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. Warrington Township is a suburb of Philadelphia. The population was 23,418 at the 2010 census.
Warrington Township was founded in October 1734, and is named after the town of Warrington in Cheshire, England, England. The early township consisted of four villages: Warrington, Neshaminy, Tradesville, and Pleasantville. Warrington was located at the intersection of Bristol Road and the Doylestown-Willow GroveTurnpike, now known as Easton Road (PA Route 611).Neshaminy, originally known as Warrington Square, was centered at Street Road and the Turnpike (611), but became known as Neshaminy because of its proximity to the Little Neshaminy Creek. The Village of Tradesville was near Lower State Road and was originally known as Stuckert's Corner because of a store operated by a man named Stuckert.The Village of Pleasantville (or Eureka) was located near Lower State Road and County Line Road. It was the location of the first church in the township, The Reformed Church of Pleasantville, founded in 1840.