Nolensville is a town in Williamson County, Tennessee. The population was 5,861 at the 2010 census.
William Nolen, his wife, Sarah, and their five children were passing through the area in 1797 when their wagon wheel broke. Forced to stop and survey his surroundings, Nolen noted the rich soil and abundance of natural resources, and decided to make Nolensville his home. William Nolen purchased a portion of a land grant to Jason Thompson on which Nolensville was later built. In the early 19th century, a large migration from Rockingham, North Carolina, brought the Adams, Allen, Barnes, Cyrus, Fields, Glenn, Irion, Johnson, Peay, Scales, Taylor, Vernon, Wisener, Williams, and other families to the area. Built along Mill Creek, the town was incorporated in 1839. Foraging and skirmishing took place here in the Civil War. Gen. John Wharton's Confederate cavalry unit was stationed in town briefly and Gen. Joseph Wheeler's command captured a Union supply train here on December 30, 1862. William A. Clark successfully defended a wagon train a year later in September 1863, earning the Medal of Honor for his actions. Nolensville was re-incorporated in 1996. August 1996 Nolensville voted by referendum to re-incorporate. In October 1996 the first election was held, electing the first three-member Nolensville Board of Mayor and Aldermen. The first Mayor of Nolensville was Charles F. Knapper.