Norene is an unincorporated community in Wilson County, in the U.S. state of Tennessee. It is located alongTennessee State Route 266. The community has a general store, post office and churches.
The community was once called "Henderson's Cross Roads" by the local post office upon establishment in 1878. The community's name was officially changed to Norene on February 17, 1915. By 1916 it was one of the eight largest villages in Wilson County with residents numbering 100. By 1930 the population had increased to 120.