White Bluff is a town in Dickson County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 2,142 at the 2000 census and 3,206 at the 2010 census. A fort was constructed at White Bluff in 1806, and an iron forge shortly afterward. The current town, which grew out of a Civil War-era Union Army encampment, was platted in 1867, and within a few years had grown to include several mercantile businesses and a planing mill. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 5.9 square miles (15.4 km2), all land.