Boling is a census-designated place (CDP) in Wharton County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,342 as of the 2010 United States Census.
The first settlement in the area was known as Floyd's Lane which was on a trail that ran from a Colorado River crossing on the west to a San Bernard Rivercrossing on the east. A trail that ran beside Caney Creek connected the area to Wharton. Boling was founded in 1900 when the New York, Texas & Mexican Railroad built a line through the area. The settlement was named for Mary Bolling Vineyard, the then-6-year-old daughter of Robert E. Vineyard who had the town surveyed. By 1907 the town had a school, a store, a blacksmith shop, and about ten families. The school had four teachers and 104 black students. These children descended from the African-American slaves who worked the area's plantations in the pre-Civil War era. Their parents were sharecroppers or hired hands on the large land tracts which survived from the earlier time.The post office opened in 1926, dropping the second L in the town's name to change it to Boling.