Bulverde is a city in Comal County, Texas, United States. The population was 4,630 at the 2010 census, up from 3,761 at the 2000 census. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
It is also called "The Front Porch of the Texas Hill Country". Bulverde's first people were Native Americans. A type of arrowheadknown as the Bulverde Point is named after the style of arrowhead made by Native Americans who lived in the area during the period 2,500 to 600 B.C.Bulverde was settled in 1850 and called "Pieper Settlement", after Anton Pieper. For many years the closest post office was at Smithson Valley, and mail was delivered once a week to the house of Carl Koch in Bulverde. A local post office that operated from 1879 to 1919 was named for Luciano Bulverdo, an early area landowner.In the period between 1996 and 1999, 5 separate municipalities were incorporated and combined in the Bulverde area to form the current City of Bulverde. This process required 22 separate elections.