Cedar Creek is an unincorporated community in Bastrop County, Texas, United States.
In 1832, Addison and Mary Owen Litton and others settled the area around where the Old San Antonio Road crossed Cedar Creek. A road from Austin to the Gulf of Mexico was laid out through Bastrop County near Cedar Creek in 1837. In 1842, the Methodist church became an important part of the community. Other churches followed, including aPresbyterian church in 1855. The first school was established in 1849. In 1852, a post office opened. In the 1883, ateacher-training school opened. By the late 1880s, the population dropped to 250. From the 1910s through the 1940s, oil played a part of the local economy and the population reached 300.