Cleburne is a city and county seat of Johnson County, Texas, United States. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the population is 29,377. The city is named in honor of Patrick Cleburne, a Confederate General. Lake Pat Cleburne, the reservoir that provides water to the city and surrounding area, is also named after him.
Cleburne is Johnson County's third county seat. It was formerly known as Camp Henderson, a temporary Civil War outpost from which Johnson County soldiers would depart for war (most of them would serve under General Cleburne). The city was formally incorporated in 1871.