D'Hanis is a census-designated place in central Medina County, Texas, United States. The population was 548, as of 2000. It is part of theSan Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. D'Hanis is located at the intersections of U.S. Route 90, Farm to Market Road 1796 and Farm to Market Road 2200 on Seco Creek. The community is sometimes called New D'Hanis to distinguish it from the site of old D'Hanis one mile to the east.D'Hanis is named for Count von D'Hanis, who founded the town about 1845.