Geronimo is a census-designated place (CDP) in Guadalupe County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,032 at the 2010 census.
In 1831 during the Mexican Texas period, James Bowie surveyed eleven leagues of land within the colony of Green DeWitt. Located on the northeast bank of the Guadalupe River, the area surrounded the natural springs called Tio Geronimo. José Antonio Navarro purchased land and lived here later, 1840-1853. As a champion of human rights, he was a signer of the Texas Declaration Independence, the Constitution of the Republic of Texas, and the Constitution of the State of Texas.Navarro lived here on his 6,000-acre (24 km2) San Geronimo Ranch. It was located on Geronimo Creek and named for Saint Jerome (translator of the Bible into Latin). In the mid-1800s, Geronimo became popular as a social center for German settlers. German settlers from Schumansville moved into the area in 1860 and formed a settlement. One enterprising settler opened a bank and German civic center. The community had grown into a small town by 1891, sporting a general store, a post office (former bank), a steam-powered cotton-gin.