Macdona is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Bexar County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 559. Macdona lies along the Union Pacific rail line near Loop 1604 in southwest Bexar County. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. Macdona was named for George Macdona, an Englishman, who owned the townsite. The first recorded sale of town lots was dated July 7, 1886. The Macdona post office (78054) opened in 1886. On September 1, 1909, the Artesian Belt opened a 42-mile (68 km) line between Macdona and Christine.