St. Hedwig is a town in Bexar County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,094 at the 2010 census. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The town was founded by John Demmer in 1852 when he moved to the area from his native Silesia. In 1856 four more Silesians immigrated to the area and built the site's first Catholic Church, Annunciation (under the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Antonio). In 1860 a post office called Cottage Hill opened, but was later renamed St. Hedwig after the patron saint of Silesia. By 1868 the community had built a stone church, and in 1897 the town boasted 200 families mainly from Poland and Germany and their black slaves.