Salado is a village in Bell County, Texas, United States.The population of the village was 2,126 at the 2010 census.
Archaeological evidence of a paleolithic Native American settlement dating back about 15,500 years, the Buttermilk Creek Complex, has been unearthed in Salado.The first record of white settlers in the area occurs in 1834 however by 1836 the pioneer settlers abandoned area due to frequent Indian attacks and the invasion by General Santa Anna and the Mexican Army. The first permanent Anglo-American settler at Salado was Archibald Willingham in 1850. In 1852, the Salado Post Office was established. In 1859, the Salado College Joint Stock Company was created by Col. Elijah Sterling Clack Robertson who donated 320 acres north and south of the springs to be broken into lots and form the village of Salado. With the proceeds of the sale going to form Salado College.