Seagoville is a city in Dallas County, Texas, United States, and a suburb of Dallas. A small portion of Seagoville extends intoKaufman County. The population was 14,835 at the 2010 census. The city is located along U.S. Highway 175 and the Southern Pacific Railroad, 10 miles (16 km) from downtown Mesquite.
Seagoville was originally called Seago, and under the latter name was laid out in 1876 by T. K. Seago (1836–1904), and named for him. The United States Post Office changed the town's name to "Seagoville" in 1910 to prevent confusion with another city in Texas called Sego. During World War II, the Federal Reformatory for Women in Seagoville was the site of a Immigration and Naturalization Servicedetention camp for Japanese, German and Italian Americans classified as "enemy aliens" and women of Japanese and German ancestry deported from Latin America. Internees at Seagoville published a German language newsletter called the Sägedorfer Fliegende Blätter. The camp housed up to 647 people, and was closed in June 1945, after the internees were either "repatriated" to Japan or Germany, or transferred to Crystal City, Texas.