Stockdale is a city in Wilson County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,693 at the 2010 census. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.6 square miles (4.2 km²), all of it land.
Previously an area named High Prairie, Free Timber and Bunker's Store, Stockdale was named after Fletcher Stockdale, the lieutenant governor of Texas, when the town was established in 1863. In 1898 the San Antonio and Mexican Gulf Railroad reached Stockdale. The town was incorporated in 1919, and Stockdale's annual Watermelon Jubilee began in 1937.