Von Ormy (von ormy) is a city in southwest Bexar County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 1,086. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. It has been known as Von Ormy since the late 1880s. Prior to 1880, the community was known as "Mann's Crossing", "Garza's Crossing", "Medina Crossing", and "Paso de las Garzas". The former settlements of Kirk and Bexar were absorbed into Von Ormy by the early 1900s.
Archeological findings show that Von Ormy has had continuous human habitation for an estimated 8,000 years. The early historical record reveals that Spanish explorers encountered bands of Payaya, Pastia and other Coahuiltecan Indians living in the area of present-day Von Ormy. During the eighteenth century, Lipan Apache and Comanche displaced the earlier native peoples along the Medina River valley. The Medina River and its tributaries were a source of food, flint, and other resources that drew native Texans to their banks. European settlers, initially Franciscan missionaries and Spanish and mestizo soldiers, arrived in the region in the early 18th century, intent on subduing and proselytizing the natives. Canary Islanders arrived soon after to settle the nearby town of Bejar (modern day San Antonio).