Wimberley is a city in Hays County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,626 at the 2010 census.
Wimberley started as an trading post settlement near Cypress Creek in 1848, the year Hays County was organized. After William Carvin Winters built a gristmill at the site in 1856, it took on the name Winters' Mill. When the mill was sold in 1864 to the Cude family, its name was changed to Cude's Mill. It was sold again in 1874 to Pleasant Wimberley and took on his name. Over the years, the mill was expanded to process lumber, shingles, flour, molasses and cotton.In 1880, Alfred vom Stein, a postmaster from San Marcos, applied to have a post office established in the community, calling it Wimberleyville. The application was granted, but the name shortened to Wimberley.