Bristow is an unincorporated community of Prince William County in Northern Virginia. In 2014, Bristow's population was 29,346, a 287% increase since 2000.
The majority of the Bristow Area was previously part of the Linton's Ford plantation, owned by the Linton family from the 18th century. In 1894, Sarah Linton converted to Catholicism and became a Benedictine nun, and she donated the property to the Roman Catholic Church, to be used to establish schools for poor girls and boys. Linton Hall Military School was founded in 1922, for which the main road was named: Linton Hall Road. In 1989, the school ended its military and boarding programs and became coeducational; it had already been renamed Linton Hall School many years earlier. In the late 20th century, much of the original property was sold to developers. Population increased in the Bristow area (and increased enrollment for the school.) The Linton Family (with the exception of Sarah Linton) are buried in the Linton Family Cemetery in the Braemar Community. The cemetery is legally unowned due to records loss when the Brentsville Courthouse burned in the Civil War. However maintenance is provided by the Braemar Community Association with coordination with the Benedictine Sisters at Linton Hall.According to the Geographic Names Information System, Bristow has also been known as Briscoe, Bristoe, Bristoe Station, and Bristow Station. The Board on Geographic Names officially decided upon Bristow as the community's name in 1906.The Brentsville Historic District and Davis-Beard House are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.