Marysville is a city in Snohomish County, Washington, United States. The population was 60,020 at the 2010 census. Marysville is known as "The Strawberry City," as it used to be surrounded by numerous strawberry farms. The landscape includes Mount Pilchuck, whose 5,300-foot (1,600 m) high peak can be seen from various points in the city and appears in the city's flag and seal.
Marysville's European-American settlement and history began with the signing of the Point Elliott Treaty in 1855 between the United States and the Tulalip people to establish a reservation for them and allow settlement of others on their former territory. After the treaty was signed, the local area had opened for settlement. The timber industry quickly moved in, staking several claims during the 1860s in the area that would become Marysville. The loggers and the nearby Tulalip reservation provided ample customers for trade, and in 1872, the federal government authorized a small trading post. James P. Comeford and his wife, Maria, moved to the area after he was appointed proprietor of the trading post by the government. Marysville was incorporated on March 20, 1891. On December 30, 2009, it annexed property and population, becoming the second largest city in Snohomish County, with a total population of 60,020.