Ravensdale is a census-designated place (CDP) in King County, Washington, United States. The population was 1,101 at the 2010 census.
Ravensdale was originally called Leary, after the name of Leary Coal Company, in turn named for John Leary, a Seattle coal speculator. The later name came from the flocks of ravens that fed on grain spilled from the boxcars on the Northern Pacific Railroad tracks that ran through the town.In 1907, Ravensdale, Washington was a coal mining town with a population of about 1,000 residents, most of whom worked for the mining company. Ravensdale was officially incorporated on August 15, 1913.