Wasco was a former unincorporated community in Kane County, Illinois, United States. Part of the town still exists, including its post office (60183) and an elementary school sharing its namesake "Wasco Elementary School" (formerly located in the town, now in Campton Hills).Wasco is located along Illinois Route 64approximately 4 miles west of St. Charles and is partly contained within the village of Campton Hills.
Wasco was originally named Compton, after an early family that settled the area. The Wasco Post Office was originally built in 1836 by a lay preacher named Dr. King on King's Mill Road near Lake Campton. The post office was then moved to its present location on Illinois Route 64 in 1890. Throughout the years, the building has undergone multiple renovations and has served many different functions, including a milk depot, a general store, an antique store, and a repair shop. Other historic buildings in Wasco include the Campton Town Hallbuilt in 1873, the Wasco Baptist Church built in 1891, and Wasco Elementary built in 1906.