Hull is a peninsula town in Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 10,293 at the 2010 census.
The Massachuset tribe called the area Nantasket, meaning "at the strait" or "low-tide place." It is a series of islands connected by sandbars forming Nantasket Peninsula, on which the Plymouth Colony established a trading post in 1621 for trade with the Wampanoags. The town was first settled in 1622 and officially incorporated in 1644, when it was named for Kingston upon Hull, England. Roger Conantwas in the area, after leaving the Plymouth Colony and before going to Cape Ann in 1625. Early industries includedfishing, trade and salvaging shipwrecks. During the Revolutionary War, General Benjamin Lincolnoversaw the evacuation of Boston from here in 1778. In 1776 a fort called "Fort Independence" (name transferred to the current fort in 1797) was built on Allerton Point, and in 1901 Fort Reverewas built on the same site. In 1927 Fort Duvall was completed on Hog Island (now Spinnaker Island) armed with 16-inch guns, the largest ever deployed by the United States.