North Uxbridge is a village, and post office, in the town, (township) of Uxbridge in Worcester County,Massachusetts, United States.
The village is home to the historic Rogerson Village built by Robert Rogerson in the 1820s. This village contains the Crown and Eagle Mills which was considered to be an architectural masterpiece of an early New England Mill village with worker housing and a water powered cotton mill.This system of water powered mills, driven by dams, with spillways, and surrounded by mill villages, became known as "The Rhode Island System". North Uxbridge had other historic mills such as the Rivulet Mill or Richard Sayles Mills, originally built by Chandler Taft in 1814, and the Clapp Mill (1810).Blanchard School and a number of other historic sites here such as Samuel Taft House, and the A. Whipple House, are listed on the Federal Register of historic places. It was also home to the Blanchard Granite quarry from which was mined large quantities of granite known throughout the Eastern United States. Blanchard's quarry rebuilt Bostonafter 1872's fire and sold New York City its curbstones.The North Uxbridge School, or Virginia A. Blanchard School, is on the register of Historic Places(see also below), as is the Rogerson's Village. The village is part of the Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor of Massachusetts and Rhode Island which is part of the National Park Service. The Blackstone River Valley is the oldest industrialized region in the United States. North Uxbridge bordersLinwood and Northbridge. Mendon is to the East. Douglas is to the west. French Canadian Linwood's cotton mill and Robert Rogerson' masterpiece Crown and Eagle Cotton Mill were near Italian North Uxbridge's Rivulet Mill.