Readville, is a part of the Hyde Park neighborhood of Boston. It was called Low Plains from 1655 until renaming in 1847 after Mr. James Read. It was part of Dedham until 1867. It is served by Readville station on the MBTA Commuter Rail. It is on the original alignment of Route 128, later part of a since-discontinued section of Route 135. Readville is bordered by the Town of Milton to the south and Town of Dedham to the west. Paul's Bridge, which is at the neighborhood's entrance as one approaches from Milton, is one of the oldest bridges in the Commonwealth. The name comes from James Read, a resident and cotton mill owner. Readville is covered by Boston Police Department District E-18 in Hyde Park and a fire station on Neponset Valley Parkway houses Boston Engine Company 49. Readville is also home to several light industries.