Owings is a census-designated place (CDP) in Calvert County, Maryland, United States. The population was 2,149 at the 2010 census, up from 1,325 at the 2000 census.
Originally the Chesapeake Beach Railway station at the line's intersection with Solomons Island Road was known as "Friendship". David Moffatt, president of the railway, renamed the station "Owings" in order to avoid conflict with the town of West Friendship, Maryland. The name was a tribute to Harry P. Owings, a one-time member of the state legislature and Calvert County resident, who was also a local farmer and real estate agent. In August 1900, Harry P. Owings requested the position of station manager. The station was already known as Owings at the time of the request.Maidstone was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.