Rohrersville is a census-designated place (CDP) in Washington County, Maryland, United States. The population was 175 at the 2010 census.
The first settlers to arrive in the vicinity of Rohrersville began to survey land tracts in the 1730s. "Park Hall," a tract of 1,550 acres, encompassing the present village of Rohrersville, was patented in 1732 by William Parks, and resurveyed in 1766 to Alexander Grimm. Also in 1766, Frederick Rohrer, a French immigrant, settled near the present village. His sons Daniel and Samuel established a grist mill which led to the formation of the village in the 1810s and 20s. The name Rohrersville first appears in 1836. By the 1860s, Rohrersville had grown into a bustling commercial center for the surrounding farms of Pleasant Valley. A map of 1859 shows the growing number of businesses and residences in the town. In addition to the grist mill, the town also had a thriving marble industry, and a quarry was situated nearby to serve the business of William McCoy, who founded the town's most widely known institution, the Rohrersville Cornet Band, in 1837. By 1867, Rohrersville was serviced by the Washington County Branch of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. The rail line was started at Weverton, located at the southern end of Pleasant Valley, shortly after the Civil War, and ran through Pleasant Valley northwest to Hagerstown, where it connected to the other rail lines that converged there. The arrival of the railroad heralded a second era of prosperity for Rohrersville and many of the buildings in the village, displaying a variety of Victorian architectural styles, date to this period.