Bridgeton Township is a township in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,277 at the 2010 census.
The township was originally a part of adjacent Nockamixon Township, but a division was arranged and signed on 1890. This accord split an area of Nockamixon which ran west from the banks of theDelaware River to about one third the breadth of the original township. This smaller area was unsurprisingly named "Bridgeton", as it was the site of wooden truss bridge which connected the towns of Upper Black Eddyand Milford, New Jersey. The township originally contained several tiny hamlets, such as the aforementioned Upper Black Eddy, Narrowsville, and Ruppsville. Upper Black's Eddy, as it was originally called, and Raubsville were named for notable landholders, while Narrowsville was named for a particularly thin portion of the Delaware River. With the construction of a centralized post office in Upper Black Eddy, the usage of separate names for the smaller towns ceased in an official capacity, and the everyday errands of residents became centered on the largest of the towns.