Mont Clare is a village in Upper Providence Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, USA. The village is located on the left bank of the Schuylkill River, opposite Phoenixville and Chester County.
Prior to the European colonization of the Americas, there was an aboriginal American encampment or village on the site, of theUnami speaking Lenni-Lenape tribe. All, but a few individuals, had vacated the area by 1773. The site's original English colonization was as part of the Duke of York's holdings. In 1681, King Charles II granted the land to William Penn, creating the Province of Pennsylvania. The site became part of Penn's Manor of Gilberts, as well as part of Philadelphia County. In 1729, Providence Township was created out of much of the Manor, including the site.